Monday, December 6, 2010

Paperless

In the electronic age we live in I find myself moving more and more to a paperless world. Currently the only thing that I use paper for is taking notes during meetings at work, books, and the occasional "post it." I wonder... is it really easier going paperless? It is really "green" to be paperless? For me a nice hybrid of paper and paperless has worked well but more and more my "post it's" on on my Blackberry which leaves notes at work.

The question got my attention because in researching an online institution recently I learned that the online institution was 100% paperless. This is weird to me because even the university of phoenix online requires that you purchase printed books and has them shipped to you. (This could be a little out of date since it has been several years since I actually attended classes there.) At the end of the day.. very few companies or even people are truly 100% paperless and this is actually the first that I have ever seen it.

Since stumbling upon this I have asked myself.. should I dedicate myself to being 100% paperless? I wonder what your thoughts are.

No comments: