Pandora is a music service that will build a custome radio station for you based off of one song. I am not kidding you that I put in one song that I thought was awesome and I have been listening to this station ever since. Pandora is no joke! This is probably the best internet radio service I have ever seen! It does have one downfall which is that I cannot listen to it on my Blackberry. You should most definately check this out if you dont already know about it!
Slacker works almost exactly like Pandora except it is not quite as good. It is still worth your time to give it a shot. The reason why I like slacker so much is that they offer an application for Blackberry. The website works great but I will focus this article on the Blackberry app since that is my primary use for this service. The app streams the radio station to your phone and does not even skip a beat. I was very impressed with the streaming feature and I am on 1x. I cannot wait to try this on EVDO! Another great feature is the fact that you can cache your station to your memory card allowing you to download all the music directly to your phone and listen to it that way. WOW!! It works wonderfully! The music that is cached automatically updates based on how you rate the songs every time you plug your phone into your computer. This is just an amazing service! Best of all..... ITS FREE!! Who needs an iPod!
Both of the services mentioned above are absolutely outstanding but sometimes I want to pick what song I want to listen to rather than the random experience provided by internet radio. Playlist.com provides this service and does it well. In addition to streaming the songs that you choose you can embed your playlist into any website. This is especially handy if you want to add music to your favorite social networking page. You just cant beat playlist.com!!
All of these services are free and all of them work based on ad support. None of them are annoying with the ads so it is really not a deciding factor for use of the service.
I hope that you give them a try and find as much for them as I have!

No comments:
Post a Comment